Anthology of twelve mystery stories with a holiday setting, all of them from Ellery Queen’s or Alfred Hitchcock’s Mystery Magazine.
- Introduction by Cynthia Manson (editor)
- The Christmas Bear by Herbert Resnicow
- Christmas Cop by Thomas Adcock
- Dead on Christmas Street by John D. MacDonald (originally ran in Colliers, Dec 20 1952)
- I Saw Mommy Killing Santa Claus by George Baxt
- Kelso’s Christmas by Malcolm McClintick
- The Marley Case by Linda Haldeman
- Mystery for Christmas by Anthony Boucher
- On Christmas Day in the Morning by Margery Allingham (orig. ran in London Evening Standard, Dec 23 1950)
- The Plot Against Santa Claus by James Powell
- Santa Claus Beat Rex Stout (orig. ran in What’s New, Dec 1953, as "Tough Cop’s Gift")
- Whatever Became of Ebenezer Scrooge? by Tom Tolnay
- Who Killed Father Christmas? by Patricia Moyes (orig. pub. in Who Done It?, 1980)
Selected stories from this volume were reprinted in the editor's 1994 anthology, Merry Murder.
Original title: Mystery for Christmas: And Other Stories from Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine and Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine
Genre: Fiction→ Crime and Mystery→ Suspense
No members of this anthology were found in our database.