(From the publisher):
Including an introduction written by Ed Gorman, this collection includes stories by Nancy Pickard, Carole Nelson Douglas, Wendi Lee, Mat Coward, and Joan Hess. Nine of the stories have never been published before.
In "Dr. Couch Saves a Cat," by Nancy Pickard, a retired veterinarian amuses himself and his granddaughter with a tale of murder, greed and cats. In "Sax and the Single Cat," by Carole Nelson Douglas, Socks Clinton is missing and for cats everywhere that's a political nightmare. Midnight Louie is called to Washington, D.C. to investigate. In "Letting the Cat Out of the Bag," by Wendi Lee, when Bridie's elderly friend and employer is the victim of a home burglary and her cat goes missing, Bridie returns to a place from her past to save the cat and find the cat burglar.
In "Tall Man, Large Cat," by Mat Coward, the narrator explains why bodyguarding is a boring job, and how Ginger, a very nast cat, saved his life. And in "Catabolism," by Edo van Belkom, Detective Joe Williams investigates the case of the missing cat burglar. The ending is surprising and fitting.
In this entertaining collection, Carol and Ed Gorman have picked some great tales for both cat lovers and mystery lovers alike.
- Dr. Couch Saves a Cat by Nancy Pickard
- The Cairo Cat Caper by Peter Schweighofer
- Sax and the Single Cat by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Letting the Cat Out of the Bag by Wendi Lee
- Nothing But the Best by Brian Lawrence
- Tall Man, Large Cat by Mat Coward
- Bandit Who Caught a Killer by Roman Ranieri
- Coffee and Murder by Carrie Channell
- Catabolism by Edo van Belkom
- Impressions by Janet Pack
- Diamond Mozzarella by Tom Piccirilli
- The Maggody Files: Hillbilly Cat by Joan Hess
Edited by: Carol Gorman and Ed Gorman
Original title: Felonious Felines
Genre: Fiction→ Crime and Mystery
The following works are contained within this one:
Dr. Couch Saves a Cat (1997) [Short Story]
Author: Nancy Pickard
Letting the Cat Out of the Bag (2000) [Short Story]
Author: Wendi Lee