Edited by: Jill M. Morgan
Mothers and daughters share a kinship so close that looking at each other is often like gazing into a mirror. Now famous mothers and their daughters merge their imaginations and talents and share the richness of the heart in this extraordinary short-story collection that celebrates the joys of motherhood and family.
Collaborating for the first time with their daughters on works of fiction, twelve of today's most acclaimed female authors have crafted original short stories, punctuated by wit and wisdom, poignancy and humor, exclusively for this volume. Each story is accompanied by a personal introduction and a delightful family snapshot. The result is a heartwarming and intimate look at the powerful bond between mothers and daughters.
Inspired by real-life experiences, these twelve tales reveal the dynamics of family, the bonds of love, and the woman-to-woman heritage passed down from mother to daughter. A diagnosis of illness... the unexpected impact of a lottery win...a family shattered by divorce...the hilarious pitchperfect exchange between teenager and her mom at the mall. Each story rings true, and vividly depicts the complex and enduring relationship between mothers and daughters. Wise and witty, poignant and profound, this unique anthology captures the love between these unforgettable women, whose voices touch our hearts and draw us closer. Mothers & Daughters: Celebrating the Gift of Love in 12 New Stories is a book to be cherished by mothers and daughters alike.
- Part One: Mothers and Young Daughters
- Try to Survive by Joan Lowery Nixon & Eileen Nixon McGowan
- Words by Joy Fielding & Shannon Seyffert
- Letters by Debbie Macomber & Syrena Gaffney
- No Place for Children by J.A. Jance & Jeanne Teale Jance
- The Luck of the Draw by Faye Kellerman, Rachel Kellerman & Ilana Kellerman
- The Pinkie Club by Eileen Goudge & Mary Bailey
- Part Two: Mothers and Grown Daughters
- Crayons and Pink Giraffes by Eileen Dreyer & Kate Dreyer
- Out of Time by Wendy Hornsby & Alyson Hornsby
- Dream a Little Dream for Me by Diana Gabaldon & Laura J. Watkins
- Charlie’s Grave • Elizabeth Engstrom & Nicole Engstrom
- Bound by Hoof and Nail by Anne McCaffrey & Georgeanne Kennedy
- The Glass Case by Kristin Hannah
Original title: Mothers and Daughters: Celebrating the Gift of Love With 12 New Stories
Genre: Fiction→ General Fiction→ Ties That Bind
No members of this anthology were found in our database.