|Breaking Point, the (1959) [Collection]|
by Daphne du Maurier
Rating: Weighted - 7.2 / Average - 7.0 of 10 (1 votes) (Rate!)
Reviews: None (show them) Review!
(IBList user synopsis):
- The Blue Lenses - The terrifying post-operative nightmare of a woman who 'sees' anew...
- Ganymede - A cameo of an ageing homosexual's experiences with a young boy and his predatory relatives.
- The Alibi - A would-be murderer turned artist is hoist with his own petard.
- The Pool - Delicately evokes the fantasy world of a young girl on the brink of puberty.
- The Lordly Ones - A simple, poignant tale of a dumb child.
- The Archduchess - An ironical fable about revolution and change in the perfect mini-duchy.
- The Mendee and The Chamois - Each throw a different light on aspects of modern sexuality.
Original title: The Breaking Point
Genre: Fiction→ General Fiction→ Eccentric People
Fiction→ General Fiction→ Troubled Lives
The following works are contained within this one:
Blue Lenses, the (1959) [Short Story]
Author: Daphne du Maurier