THE MOST IMAGINATIVE AND VARIED COLLECTION YET!
THE WOMAN THE UNICORN LOVED—Gene Wolfe
In a genetic future where man can create all the beasts of myth, a unicorn wanders onto a college campus, and brings to life all the mystic, haunting and terrifying legends of old.
THE SATURN GAME—Poul Anderson
Beneath the star-swirled, amber rings of Saturn, three space explorers find their mysterious, silent, ice-caverned world hypnotic, beautiful—and lethal.
A brilliant, madcap vision of our world turned upside down when the "elixer of life" is discovered—one hundred years ago!
THE QUIET—George Florance-Guthridge
In the total earth environment of a moon lab, where vanishing earth tribes have been relocated, a woman retaliates against her "saviors" in the ancient and deadly ways of her people.
WIth more exciting stories from R.A. Lafferty, Gregory Benford, Spider Robinson, Ted Reynolds, John Varley, Michael Swanwick, and Jack Dann.
- The Saturn game by P. Anderson
- Walk the ice by M.D. Broxon
- Trial sample by T. Reynolds
- The pusher by J. Varley
- Venice drowned by K.S. Robinson
- Walden Three by M. Swanwick
- Second comings--reasonable rates by P. Cadigan
- Forever by D. Knight
- Emergence by D.R. Palmer
- You can't go back by R.A. Lafferty
- Walpurgisnacht by R. Zelazny
- The woman the unicorn loved by G. Wolfe
- Serpents' teeth by S. Robinson
- The thermals of August by E. Bryant
- Going under by J. Dann
- The quiet by G. Florance-Guthridge
- Swarmer, skimmer by G. Benford
- The science fiction year by C.N. Brown.