(From the publisher):
ISAAC ASIMOV reveals a whole spectrum of mystery through aliens who speak by color...
A. BERTRAM CHANDLER proves fantasy can become science fiction when a spacecraft hums its way through the stratosphere...
EDMUND COOPER questions American hospitality when a visitor from another galaxy is assumed to be an invader...
AVRAM DAVIDSON eavesdrops on the telepathic dialogue between a Grantha and an earthling who refuses to capitalize on her discovery...
HOWARD FAST records the arrival of mind-probing beings who land in a mini flying saucer less than three feet in diameter...
FLYING SAUCERS--Find out if they exist, where they come from, who is on them, and why they visit us! All this and more from the masters of science fiction.
- Introduction: Flying Saucers and Science Fiction by Isaac Asimov
- What Is This Thing Called Love? by Isaac Asimov
- Pagan by Algis Budrys
- The Beholders by A. Bertram Chandler
- Sense of Wonder by A. Bertram Chandler
- Trouble with the Natives by Arthur C. Clarke
- The Lizard of Woz by Edmund Cooper
- The Grantha Sighting by Avram Davidson
- The Merchant by Larry Eisenberg
- The Mouse by Howard Fast
- The Time for Delusion by Donald Franson
- Small Miracle by Randall Garrett
- All the Universe in a Mason Jar by Joe W. Haldeman
- Correspondence Course by Raymond F. Jones
- Sam by Leo P. Kelley
- The Mississippi Saucer by Frank Belknap Long
- Posted by Mack Reynolds
- Speak Up, Melvin! by Carol-Lynn Rössel Waugh
- Exposure by Eric Frank Russell
- The Gumdrop King by Will Stanton
- Saucer of Loneliness by Theodore Sturgeon
- Fear Is a Business by Theodore Sturgeon
- The Painter by Thomas Burnett Swann
- The Deadly Ones by Floyd L. Wallace
- The Junk Man Cometh by Robin Scott Wilson
- Flying Pan by Robert F. Young
Original title: Flying Saucers
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction→ Alien Beings
The following works are contained within this one:
Mississippi Saucer, the (1951) [Short Story]
Author: Frank Belknap Long
Trouble with the Natives (1951) [Short Story]
Author: Arthur C. Clarke
What Is This Thing Called Love? (1961) [Short Story]
Author: Isaac Asimov