(From the publisher):
The names in this book will need no introduction to Science Fiction enthusiasts; nor will the name of its editor - August Derleth.
Its subjects include robotry, interplanetary travel, invasion from outer space, bacteriological warfare, man's future resurgence from destruction: It features stories by Ray Bradbury, A.E. Van Vogt, Donald Wandrei, Clark Ashton Smith and others at their brilliant best. A rare gathering of the masterminds of S-F.
- Introduction by August Derleth
- The Thing on Outer Shoal (1947) by P. Schuyler Miller
- The Strange Drug of Dr. Caber (1948) by Lord Dunsany
- The World of Wulkins (1948) by Frank Belknap Long
- The City of the Singing Flame (1931) by Clark Ashton Smith
- Conquerors' Isle (1946) by Nelson S. Bond
- Something from Above (1930) by Donald Wandrei
- Symbiosis (1947) by Will F. Jenkins
- The Earth Men (1948) by Ray Bradbury
- Original Sin (1946) by S. Fowler Wright
- Resurrection (1948) by A. E. van Vogt
Original title: The Other Side of the Moon
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction
The following works are contained within this one:
Monster, the (1948) [Short Story]
Author: A.E. van Vogt
- Selected from the 1949 anthology of the same name.