(From the publisher):
This is the best book of its kind in at least two decades. It is a literate, intelligent book of powerful SF stories from across Europe.
These tales are representative of the best writers and stories of the last twenty years, written in most of the major contemporary European languages.
The SFWA European Hall of Fame includes some of the biggest SF names in Europe, including Joanna Sinisalo, Andreas Eschbach, Elena Arseneva, and Jean-Claude Dunyach. The appeal of this anthology rests first upon the venerable SFWA Hall of Fame imprimatur, and secondly on the sterling reputation of co-editor/writer James Morrow.
Morrow and his wife Kathryn spent years arranging for translations of the best in European SF, and working with translators to achieve sharp, polished, and entertaining English versions of the stories.
James Morrow has written a thought-provoking introductory essay, as well as informative story notes throughout the collection.
- Introduction: Extrapolations of Things Past James Morrow
- Separations by Jean-Claude Dunyach
- Birch Tree, a White Fox by Elena Arsenieva
- Sepultura by Valerio Evangelisti
- Fourth Day to Eternity by Ondrej Neff
- Baby Doll by Johanna Sinisalo
- "Yoo retoont, Sneogg. Ay noo." by Marek S. Huberath
- Day We Went through the Transition by Ricard de la Casa and Pedro Jorge Romero
- Athos Emfovos in the Temple of Sound by Panagiotis Koustas
- Some Earthlings’ Adventures by Lucian Merisca
- Destiny, Inc. by Sergei Lukyanenko
- Wonders of the Universe by Andreas Eschbach
- Night on the Edge of the Empire by Joao Barreiros
- Transfusion by Joelle Wintrebert
- Verstummte Musik by W. J. Maryson
- Between the Line by Jose Antonio Cotrina
- Blue and Cloudless Sky by Bernhard Ribbeck
Original title: The SFWA European Hall of Fame
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction
The following works are contained within this one:
Baby Doll (2002) [Short Story]
Author: Johanna Sinisalo