|Thomas Hardy's Tales from Wessex (1973) [Collection]|
by Thomas Hardy
Rating: Weighted - 8.1 / Average - 9.0 of 10 (1 votes) (Rate!)
Reviews: 1 (show them) Review!
(From the publisher):
These six stories of love, revenge, jealousy and fate set in Hardy's Wessex demonstrate his unique skill at portraying the people and life of rural England in the late nineteenth century. But Hardy's attitude is modern: his views on women, religion and class could well be those of today, and in his presentation of the characters in these stories we see him at his most psychologically subtle and ironic.
- Introduction by Irene Shubik
- The Withered Arm
- A Tragedy of Two Ambitions
- An Imaginative Woman
- Barbara of the House of Grebe
- The Melancholy Hussar of the German Legion
Original title: Thomas Hardy's Tales from Wessex
Genre: Fiction→ General Fiction→ Literary Fiction/classics
No members of this collection were found in our database.
- Collection is based on the 1973 BBC Television Series Wessex Tales, produced by Irene Shubik