(From the publisher):
We all know that our innocent-looking pets can commit a lot of unexpected mischief. But sometimes thay have a talent for sniffing out the two-legged troublemakers of a more dangerous kind...
Featuring a lovable cast of crime-solving canines and sly, sleuthing cats, this unique collection of eleven mysteries - written by some of today's most beloved authors, with a little inspiration from their four-legged friends - takes the age-old friendship between pets and their providers and stands it on its fuzzy ear...
- A rough-and-tumble tomcat with a heart of gold takes a liking to a sweet old lady, and ends up having to save her from her own scheming relatives in Carole Nelson Douglas's Junior Partner in Crime
- A lady private eye gets a full week of dog days when she's hired to protect a beloved pooch from a sinister conspiracy in Maxine O'Callaghan's Going to the Dogs
- In Jill M. Morgan's Scratch That One a beleaguered antique-store owner and her flighty feline uncover a long-lost photo of a child that leads them into the past - and a bittersweet mystery of motherly love.
- And from New York Times bestselling author J.A. Jance comes the story of a spunky senior citizen and her two loyal golden retrievers who try and put the collar on a ruthless killer in Highest, Best Use
Whether you have a furry friend to curl up with, or you just like to curl up with a good story, this unique volume is a rewarding treat. Get ready to meet this mystery menagerie... they're cute, they're cuddly - and they're on the case.
- Introduction: Writers and Their Pets by Jill M. Morgan
- Junior Partner in Crime by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Highest, Best Use by J.A. Jance
- Diamond Dog by Dick Lochte
- Scratch That One by Jill M. Morgan
- Had He but Known by Marlys Millhiser
- Crystal's Big Night by Ed Gorman
- Edelweiss by Jane Haddam
- Going to the Dogs by Maxine O'Callaghan
- The Accomplice by Gary Phillips
- Black Zak and the Heart Attack by Noreen Ayres
- Lost and Found by Jan Burke
- About the Authors
Original title: Creature Cozies
Genre: Fiction→ Crime and Mystery→ Detective Story and Detectives→ Cozy Mysteries
No members of this anthology were found in our database.