|Gravity Wells (2005) [Collection]|
by James Alan Gardner
Rating: Weighted - 6.7 / Average - 6.0 of 10 (1 votes) (Rate!)
Reviews: None (show them) Review!
(From the publisher):
Award-winning author James Alan Gardner evokes a sense of wonder that is synonymous with great speculative fiction. Now, in his first short-story collection, he brings together the numerous tales that have made his reputation, ranging from the everyday experience to the cosmic, from peanut butter sandwiches to space drives. There are stories of wonder, imagination, humanity, and the unknown and tales that remind us of the importance of possibility.
Some of the stories in this collection have won the Aurora Award and the grand prize in the prestigious Writers of the Future contest and been nominated for both the Hugo and Nebula Awards, while others are completely new and undiscovered.
- Muffin Explains Teleology to the World at Large
- The Children of Crèche
- Kent State Descending the Gravity Well: An Analysis of the Observer
- Withered Gold, the Night, the Day
- The Last Day of the War, with Parrots
- A Changeable Market in Slaves
- Lesser Figures of the Greater Trumps
- Shadow Album
- Hardware Scenario G-49
- The Reckoning of Gifts
- The Young Person's Guide to the Organism
- Three Hearings on the Existence of Snakes in the Human Bloodstream
- Sense of Wonder
Original title: Gravity Wells: Speculative Fiction Stories
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction→ Adventure→ New Frontiers
Fiction→ Science Fiction→ Alien Beings→ Interspecies Relations
Fiction→ Science Fiction→ Planets & Societies→ Unusual Planets And Societies
No members of this collection were found in our database.