(From the publisher):
Edited by Sarah Champion.
With seventeen original stories from acclaimed and bestselling authors, this collection puts a whole new perspective on the travel writing genre.
Delhi, Marseilles, Tel Aviv, Berlin, Jerusalem, Karachi, Nevada, Katmandu, Vienna, New Orleans...the characters in these stories (some true, most invented) cross the globe in search of escape and adventure from kibbutz to beach resort, from drug smuggling to football.
This is a book for anyone who has ever had a grim experience in a hotel room, backpacked in Asia, taken a last-minute package holiday or contracted a strange tropical disease. This book is not about elephant trekking in India, the anthropology of African tribes or the lost world of the Raj.
- A Representative In Automotive Components by Martyn Bedford
- Prison Leave by Howard Marks
- Ship Rock by Helena Mulkerns
- Such A Nice Time by Esther Freud
- My Cold War: February 1998 by Toby Litt
- In The Union of Facelessness by Will Self
- Bethlehem by Jean McNeil
- My Kazakh Lover by Nicholas Blincoe
- The Beasts Of Marseille by John King
- She Swallowed Her Pearls On The Day of the Revolution by Douglas Coupland
- Horizontal Drift by Geoff Dyer
- We're Here, Anderson Says by Emily Perkins
- The Institute by William Sutcliffe
- It Was The '90s by Grant Morrison
- Oh To Play Golf On Mars by James Flint
- A Sacrificial Shoe by Emer Martin31
- Justified and Ancient by Simon Lewis
Original title: Fortune Hotel - Twisted Travel Stories
Genre: Fiction→ General Fiction→ Regional Interest
No members of this anthology were found in our database.