Edited by Sarah Champion.
Doves, Playboys, Dollars, Apples, Swans, White Burgers, Brown Burgers, Dennis the Menaces, Rhubarb & Custards, White Callies, Pink Flamingoes, Snowballs, Kinder Eggs, Energizers, Hammer & Sickles, Disco Biscuits ...
Celebrating the tenth anniversary of Acid House, Disco Biscuits is an anthology of new stories capturing the hedonistic spirit of the last decade - from illegal raves to corporate club culture. It includes nineteen anarchic, out-there tales of drugs, sex, dancefloors, dealers, police and DJs.
At a warehouse party in '88, rival football hooligans are united by Ecstasy. In the sweltering heat of a Mediterranean Island, things get very strange when a hypnotist is employed to brainwash clubbers. In a future Manchester, sinful dancing and natural-born DJs are outlawed.
Riots erupt when an outdoor party is busted by the police, the sound being sampled and amplified through the speakers. A chill-out club goes disasterously wrong with the arrival of a psychotic ex-con fresh out of jail. A drunken night out becomes surreal with the discovery of a mystery suitcase.
In Thailand a 'beach guru' makes preparations for a Full Moon Party. And chaos descends on a holiday jet to Alicante when a jungle sound-system begins broadcasting through the cabin PA...
- Ardwick Green by Nicholas Blincoe
- Room Full Of Angels by Mike Benson
- The State Of The Party by Irvine Welsh
- White Burger Danny by Gavin Hills
- How Sunshine Star-Traveller Lost His Girlfriend by Martin Millar
- Electrovoodoo by Michael River
- Heart of the Bass by Kevin Williamson
- Sangria by Jonathan Brook
- The Box by Charlie Hall
- Weekday Service by Ben Graham
- DJNA by Jeff Noon
- The Snow That Killed Manuel Jarrow by Douglas Rushkoff
- Mile High Meltdown by Dean Cavanagh
- Puff by Two Fingers
- Blink And You Miss It by Alex Garland
- Inbetween by Matthew De Abaitua
- Bitter Salvage by Alan Warner
- Repeater by Steve Aylett