(From the publisher):
This volume brings together the best writers (many of whom are making their debut in English) of the new Russian literary renaissance in the largest anthology available of works published during the last three years in the Soviet Union.
The ten writers included here are stars of the current literary scene and their works have evoked both praise and controversy, often provoking charges of excessive naturalism and pessimism. These stories illuminate new worlds for both the Russian and Western reader, as previously forbidden material is explored in works of real literary merit. Included are biographical sketches and an extensive introduction examining the new trends in Russian literature under Gorbachev.
Edited by Helena Goscilo and Byron Lindsey
- Our Crowd by Lyudmila Petrushevskaya
- Old Hansan's Pipe by Fazil Iskander
- Captain Dikshtein by Mikhail Kuraev
- Night by Tatyana Tolstaya
- Left Behind by Vladimir Makanin
- The Visit by Nikolai Shmelyov
- Dreams from the Top Berth by Valery Popov
- Rough Weather by Anatoly Genatulin
- The Parakeet by Viktor Erofeyev
- Anna's Body by Viktor Erofeyev
- Anna Petrovna by Alexander Golovin
Original title: Glasnost: Anthology of Russian Literature Under Gorbachev
Genre: Fiction→ General Fiction
No members of this anthology were found in our database.