(From the publisher):
- Who burglarized the train heading for Victoria Station, and whatever became of its conductor?
- Did the village idiot or Mrs. Foley murder the mean-spirited Edgar Foley, or could the constable be responsible for the devious deed
- Who on earth will be able to untangle the affair of the disappearing car, the black necktie, and the abortive theft?
Enter Gervase Fen, Oxford professor and sometime super-sleuth, an expert at solving cases that baffle even the most astute policemen. These sixteen short classics by a master of the modern detective story will test your crime-solving abilities as well; Edmund Crispin has provided all the clues you need to detect the solution, using logic and common sense. Can you meet the challenge?
- Beware of the Trains
- Humbleby Agonistes
- The Drowning of Edgar Foley
- "Lacrimae Rerum"
- Within the Gates
- Abhorrèd Shears
- The Little Room
- Express Delivery
- A Pot of Paint
- The Quick Brown Fox
- Black for a Funeral
- The Name on the Window
- The Golden Mean
- The Evidence for the Crown
Original title: Beware of the Trains
Genre: Fiction→ Crime and Mystery→ Detective Story and Detectives
No members of this collection were found in our database.
- 14 of the 16 stories feature Gervase Fen