(From the publisher):
Ruthless and Other Writings
collects stories from several phases of Peter Rosei's career, as well as excerpts from the 1995 novel Persona
, a philosophical journal, and selected poetry. In the stories translated here, Rosei presents aspects of the Austrian past, particularly the social and ethical conditions brought about by the end of the Habsburg empire and the two World Wars. The characters, unique but somehow representative, emerge from the landscapes and cityscapes that Rosei describes with vivid precision. The admirable and ugly facets of human existence appear side by side, or even united within the same character or locale.
- Towards Outschena (from Early Prose)
- A Story from the Past, Briefly Told (from The Man Who Wanted to Die)
- Landscapes (from Persona)
- Ruthless (from Love and Death)
- Selected Poems (from Long Since)
- A philosophical notebook (from Tangled up in Nature)
Original title: Ruthless and Other Writings
Genre: Poetry→ Verse
Fiction→ General Fiction
No members of this collection were found in our database.