(From the publisher):
This volume contains seven plays by six prominent well-established contemporary Austrian dramatists. All of the works address themes that are relevant to present-day Austrian society and that for the most part are universal in nature: women caught in the struggle between career and marriage, homosexuality, the efforts of a handicapped (blind) person to find happiness, the overcoming of the Austrian Nazi past, and an examination of middle-class life in Vienna.
Edited by Richard H. Lawson
- Yes, My Führer! by Brigitte Schwaiger
- Insalata Mista by Wolfgang Bauer
- Straight as a Corkscrew by Helmut Peschina
- Buttered Bread by Gabriel Barylli
- Honeymoon by Gabriel Barylli
- Alpine Glow by Peter Turrini
- People Annihilation or My Liver Is Senseless by Werner Schwab
Original title: Seven Contemporary Austrian Plays
Genre: Drama and Plays→ Contemporary
No members of this anthology were found in our database.