(From the publisher):
As anyone with two eyes and a T.V. set knows, some of the best writing in America is now appearing on the one-hour live dramatic shows on television. Written originally for television, here are eight complete plays by the most talented and talked-about young authors.
- The Mother by Paddy Chayefsky
- My Lost Saints by Tad Mosel
- Man on a Mountain Top by Robert Alan Aurthur
- The Rabbit Trap by J.P. Miller
- The Strike Rod Serling
- Thunder on Sycamore Street by Reginald Rose
- A Young Lady of Property by Horton Foote
- Visit to a Small Planet by Gore Vidal
Each of these plays has won enthusiastic praise from critics and has been discussed by millions of Americans. In presenting them in a reading edition, the authors have expanded stage directions and descriptions of settings and characters to make the plays more enjoyable to the reader.
Original title: Best Television Plays
Genre: Drama and Plays→ American
The following works are contained within this one:
Visit to a Small Planet (1956) [Screenplay]
Author: Gore Vidal