(From the publisher):
Leadership makes all the difference...
...as history demonstrates. But there are other factors at work. Would Sir Francis Drake have as easily put paid to the Spanish Armada if a typhoon hadn't softened up the enemy first? What if history were given a twist or two, and great commanders on land and sea had more (or fewer) forces, better (or worse) weather, quicker (or slower) communications, better supplies (or none at all)? Just suppose, for example, General Billy Mitchell had not been court-martialed for advocating air power, and happened to be leading training flights of warplanes at Pearl Harbor in December 1941?
As it happens, to find out the answer to that question, pick up the first book in the series, Alternate Generals, from Baen. This new volume has even more fascinating speculations in alternate history science fiction, turning history upside down and inside out as leaders who have made their mark on our history make different marks in a very different world.
The possibilities are endless....
Edited by Harry Turtledove
- American Mandate by Jim Fiscus
- Southern Strategy by Michael F. Flynn
- Uncle Alf by Harry Turtledove
- Horizon by Noreen Doyle
- Devil's Bargain by Judith Tarr
- George Patton Slept Here by Roland J. Green
- Tarnished Glory by Chris Bunch
- Compadres by S.M. Stirling & Richard Foss
- And the Glory of Them by Susan Schwartz
- Twelve Legions of Angels by R.M. Meluch
- In the Prison of his Says by Joel Richards
- Labor Relations by Esther M. Friesner
- Empire by William Sanders
Original title: Alternate Generals II
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction→ Adventure→ Militaristic
Fiction→ Science Fiction→ World Versions→ Alternate Histories
The following works are contained within this one:
Devil's Bargain (2002) [Novel]
Author: Judith Tarr