(From the publisher):
TOP TEN REASONS WHY WIDOWHOOD IS PREFERABLE TO DIVORCE
- 1.) Instead of losing half–half your assets and half your friends – a widow keeps it all.
- 2.) People offer sympathy.
- 3.) Those same people usually bring food.
- 4.) Black is slimming.
- 5.) Less risk of humiliation – a dead husband can’t remarry a twenty-something yoga coach barely out of braces with better breasts and a bellybutton ring.
- 6.) A widow is a martyr whereas a divorcée is oftentimes unfairly deemed damaged goods or viewed with suspicion.
- 7.) Life insurance.
- 8.) More life insurance.
- 9.) Death is permanent – no Jerry Springer-like meetings, courtroom brawls or bitter debates over who was right or wrong. (You were right, of course.)
- 10.) The ultimate last word…and you have it.
Jolie Marshall's husband Chris is definitely no good. He conned Jolie into 'I do' -- and her mother out of her life's savings! Now Jolie is sticking out the marriage -- with a little help from the Future Widows' Club -- while she gathers evidence to send him to prison. Then Chris is murdered -- and Jolie's the prime suspect. And her alibi, a meeting of the FWC, isn't likely to convince anybody of her innocence. But when she discovers the detective on the case is Jake Malone -- the man Jolie ditched to marry Chris -- she knows she's really in trouble. Because all of a sudden, she's thinking that a life sentence wouldn't be too bad... with him!
Original title: Future Widows' Club
Genre: Fiction→ Romance→ Contemporary
Fiction→ Romance→ Romantic-Suspense