(From the publisher):
The mightiest warriors in the galaxy, the catlike Kzin, were wasting no time in conquering it, one star system at a time, when they ran into those ridiculous weed-eating pacifistic apes who called themselves humans. Well, it was Scream-and-Leap time in Known Space! But those feline lords of creation found they had their collective tail caught in a meat grinder; when the mighty Kzin moved in to take over the monkey-infested worlds, they got clobbered, and no amount of screaming and leaping could keep the Kzin from losing their first war in centuries of successful conquest. But you can't keep a good warcat down, and the Kzin have by no means given up. Here they come again, and this time the monkey boys and girls from Earth are really in for it!
· A new story by Larry Niven, creator of Known Space and the Man-Kzin Wars series. It is a time of peace between Kzin and human. Four Kzin hire a safari guide to go hunting in Africa, and no one suspects that these Kzin have a secret reason for hunting in the land where the human race originated eons ago...
· Wunderland was liberated from decades of Kzin occupation, but deep scars remain. Arthur Guthlac, an Earth officer on leave in the backwoods Wunderland district of Gerning, takes shelter from a storm with a very strange woman, and finds a nightmare...
· Peace Corben's ship needed critical repairs, but was hotly pursued by a Kzin ship full of angry warcats screaming for vengeance. So she landed on a planet avoided by humans after a mysterious plague wiped out the colony there. but something more terrible than plague was waiting for her - and her pursuers - on the abandoned planet.
· Ten years after the liberation of Wunderland, a small party of students set out to explore vast mysterious Grossgeister Swamp. But they soon find, that as they hunt biological mysteries in the swamp, something in the swamp is hunting them.
These stories and two more remind the reader that, once again, it's howling time in Known Space!
This anthology contains the following stories:
- Three at Table by Hal Colebatch
- Grossgeister Swamp by Hal Colebatch
- Catspaws by Hal Colebatch
- Teacher's Pet by Matthew Joseph Harrington
- War and Peace by Matthew Joseph Harrington
- The Hunting Park by Larry Niven
Edited by Larry Niven
Original title: Man-Kzin XI
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction→ Adventure→ Militaristic
Fiction→ Science Fiction→ Alien Beings→ Interspecies Relations
No members of this anthology were found in our database.