(From the publisher):
"Mommy," Quite possibly the first word a little boy will say, the beginning of a lifelong conversation with his mother. In between childhood and adulthood many words will pass between a mother and a son, some in love, some in anger, some in sadness, and others in joy. Their bond will forever affect the way he'll view women. But it's in a mother's eyes that a son will remain forever young--and forever cherished.
In twelve original contributions from today's most popular authors, you'll find words from mothers to sons and sons to mothers, memories shared and stories created. Eileen Goudge weaves a poignant tale about a single mother and her young son who is forced to grow up too fast. "Mirror Image," by Diana Gabaldon and her son, united a disgraced prince and his mother in a daring deception. Eric Jerome Dickey eloquently expresses the pain of abandonment and the true meaning of motherhood. In "Looking Back" Peter Straub offers a humours and heartbreaking look at the life of his mother--and the depth of his never-ending devotion to her.
Family photos bring to life the mother-son relationships celebrated in these pages. But it is the words that capture them magic of this unique gift--a lifetime of acceptance and support, pride...and love.
- Looking After Lulu by Eileen Goudge
- O'Reta, Snapshot Memories by Joe R. Lansdale
- Mummy and Jack by Faye Kellerman with Jesse Kellerman
- On the Move by Marcus Major
- Finding Rose by Maxine O'Callaghan with John O'Callaghan
- A Rare and Radiant Mother by Lawrence Block
- Variations on a Theme by Eileen Dreyer
- Fish Sammich with Cheese by Eric Jerome Dickey
- Mirror Image by Diana Gabaldon with Sam Watkins
- In Search of My Mother by Stuart M. Kaminsky
- Burritos and Beaches by Marilyn Reynolds with Matthew Reynolds
- Looking Back by Peter Straub
Original title: Mothers and Sons
Genre: Fiction→ General Fiction→ Ties That Bind
No members of this anthology were found in our database.