Welcome to Miskatonic U -- nestled in the town of Arkham, a place made famous by that master of the horrific, H.P. Lovecraft. Miskatonic University is a rather unique institution, one that teaches all the basic skills in such courses as Prophecy and Spell-casting. Within its hallowed halls lie many treasures, rare volumes which perhaps should never have been written, and definitely should never have been opened by anyone other than their creators.
For anyone who has ever been caught in Lovecraft's spell, and everyone who loves a good horror tale, here are thirteen original stories that will introduce you to the dark side of education, and prove once and for all that a little arcane knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
From a teaching assistant who is experiencing far too high a rate of sudden absenteeim among her puplis...to a comedian/writer offered a position he can't turn down...to a child of Arkham with far too much of the Devil in him...these are unforgettable tales of terror in the true Lovecraft tradition, stories that will haunt you long after you leave these hallowed halls and dank tunnels behind.
Edited by Martin H. Greenberg and Robert Weinberg.
- A Letter from the President to Incoming Students by Stefan Dziemianowicz
- Kali Yuga Comes by Tina L. Jens
- Teachers by Mort Castle
- Her Misbegotten Son by Alan Rodgers
- Scavenger Hunt by Brad Linaweaver
- Black Celebration by Jay Bonansinga
- To Be as They by Stephen Mark Rainey
- Second Movement by Benjamin Adams
- A Dreaming of Dead Poets by Jane M. Lindskold
- Mandelbrot Moldrot by Lois H. Gresh
- The Smile of a Mime by Billie Sue Mosiman
- The Sothis Radiant by Will Murray
- The Play’s the Thing by Christie Golden
- Ghoulmaster by Brian McNaughton
Original title: Miskatonic University
Genre: Fiction→ Horror
No members of this anthology were found in our database.