|When Glister Walked (1927) [Short Story]|
by Oscar Cook
Rating: Weighted - 7.2 / Average - 7.0 of 10 (1 votes) (Rate!)
Reviews: None (show them) Review!
(IBList user synopsis):
Two British government officials in Borneo hear the ghost of Glister, a former colleague and, on visiting his grave, discover the body removed. What does this, and the disppearance of Glister's brother, have to do with the God, Maboga, the sacred jars, and the failure of the locals crops?
First published in Weird Tales, March 1927 under the title "The Sacred Jars."
Also appears in:
- Gruesome Cargoes (1928) Selwyn & Blount
- A Century of Creepy Stories (1934) Hutchinson
- 50 Strangest Stories Ever Told (1937) Odhams
- Not at Night: Tales That Freeze the Blood (1960) Arrow
- Creepy Stories (1994) Bracken
Original title: When Glister Walked
Genre: Fiction→ Horror→ The occult and Supernatural