(From the publisher):
Fifteen of the most diverse, masterful storytellers are presented in a collection fully endorsed by the most respected Western authors' organization in the country - The Western Writers of America. All of the authors presented in this anthology have won the prestigious Western writing accolade - the Spur Award - either for the pieces of short fiction that appear here or for longer works that paint a sweeping panorama of America's frontier...
Edited by Richard S. Wheeler.
- The Cat King of Cochise County by Loren D. Estleman
- Too Proud to Lose by Richard Matheson
- The Attack on the Mountain by Glendon Swarthout
- Comes the Hunter by Jory Sherman
- The Face by Ed Gorman
- The Anniversary by Win Blevins
- Sue Ellen Learns to Dance by Judy Alter
- I Never Saw a Buffalo by Frank Roderus
- The Indian Summer of Nancy Redwing by Harry W. Paige
- The Big Two-Shoot Rifle by R.C. House
- Just as I Am By Joyce Gibson Roach
- Charity by Sandra Whiting
- Continuity by Elmer Kelton
- All or Nothing by Gary Svee
- The School at the Bucket of Blood by Jeanne Williams
Original title: Tales of the American West: The Best of Spur Award-Winning Authors
Genre: Fiction→ Western
No members of this anthology were found in our database.