(From the publisher):
Where will you be in the year 2041?
The Drapery Defense League objects to Hamlet because Polonius is stabbed while he's hiding behind a curtain, rock'n'roll gangs roam the streets, a scrumptious free confecton called swoodies has been devised to make people gain weight--then pay to lose it, and people attach an extra ear to their own to amplify noise....
Leading science fiction writer Jane Yolen presents twelve humorous to horrific, entertaining and intriguing stories about the future by top writers, including Bruce Coville, Joe Haldeman, Anne McCaffrey, Patricia A. McKillip and Connie Willis.
- A Quiet One by Anne McCaffrey
- Moby James by Patricia McKillip
- Free Day by Peg Kerr
- Much Ado About [Censored] by Connie Willis
- Who's Gonna Rock Us Home by Nancy Springer
- Lose Now, Pay Later by Carol Farley
- If I had the Wings of an Angel by Joe Haldeman
- You Want it When by Kara Dalkey
- Ear by Jane Yolen
- The Last Out by Resa Nelson and David Alexander Smith
- Beggarman by Susan Shwartz
- Old Glory by Bruce Coville
Original title: 2041: Twelve Short Stories About the Future by Top Science Fiction Writers
Genre: Fiction→ Children & Young Adult→ Science Fiction
No members of this anthology were found in our database.