(From the publisher):
Pets play an important role in our lives, and that will always be the case whether we remain on Earth or venture to distant stars. But what if our furred, feathered, or scaled companions aren't quite what they seem to be? What if some of them are really aliens in disguise? Or what if space travel requires us to genetically alter any animals we wish to bring along? Could we even find ourselves becoming the "pets" of some "superior" race of extraterrestrials?
These are just a few of the ideas explored in original tales from some of science fiction's most inventive pet lovers, including Jack Williamson, Peter Crowther, Michelle West, Jane Lindskold, David Bischoff and John DeChancie. So pull this book out from under your cat, or get your dog to fetch it for you and sit back and enjoy such excursions into the "what if" as:
-He was only seven when the meteor struck, but the gift it left would forever change his families lives...
-He'd always felt like an outsider, the child nobody wanted - until he discovered the secret behind his parents' wealth and made the first "friend" he'd ever known...
-She was the ruler of the household, and when her people couldn't see what the aliens were really up to, she knew she'd have to take matters into her own paws...
Edited and with an introduction by Denise Little
- Objects of Desire by Nina Kiriki Hoffman
- What Fluffy Knew by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Diamonds by Michelle West
- Not Exactly A Dog by Bruce Holland Rogers
- Winner Takes Trouble by Jane M. Lindskold
- Thenagain by Gary A. Braunbeck
- Bongoid by David Bischoff
- As the Robot Rubs by Dean Wesley Smith
- Dog is my Copilot by Karen Haber
- A Boy and His Alien by John Helfers
- The Pet Rocks Mystery by Jack Williamson
- In the Storm, In the Stars by Paul Dellinger
- Every Home Should Have One by Tim Waggoner
- Elmer by Peter Crowther
- Watchcat by John DeChancie
Original title: Alien Pets
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction
No members of this anthology were found in our database.