(From the publisher):
Into every generation, a Slayer is born. One girl in all the world, to find the vampires where they gather, and to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers. In our time, that girl is Buffy Summers. But Buffy is merely one Slayer in an eternal continuum of warriors for the Powers That Be.
We've known of others: The Primal Slayer, who stalked the earth and the forces of darkness in fierce solitude...Nikki, the funky hipster whose demise at Spike's hands lent an urban edge to his wardrobe and a bigger bounce to his swagger. Slayers by nature have a limited life expectancy; for each one who falls, another rises to take her place.
Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 1, chronicles Slayers past who have influenced -- and are influenced by -- the traditions and mythologies of yore. From ancient Greece, to aristocratic Slayers holding court in revolution-era France, to the legend of the Bloody Countess Elizabeth Bathory, to 1920's Munich, each girl has a personal history, a shared moral code, and a commitment to conquer evil, regardless of the cost....
- A Good Run, Greece, 490 B.C.E. by Greg Rucka
- The White Doe, London, 1586 by Christie Golden
- Die Blutgrafin, Hungary, 1609 by Yvonne Navarro
- Unholy Madness, France, 1789 by Nancy Holder
- Mornglom Dreaming, Kentucky, 1886 by Doranna Durgin
- Silent Screams, Germany, 1923 by Mel Odom
- And White Splits the Night, Florida, 1956 by
Original title: Tales of the Slayer, Volume 1
Genre: Fiction→ Horror→ Vampires
No members of this anthology were found in our database.