(From the publisher):
Upon A Midnight Clear: Queer Christmas Tales
shatters traditional views of Christmas to portray what it is like to be gay during the most inescapable American holiday. In this stirring anthology of tales filled with holiday cheer and chaos, acclaimed authors including Greg Herren, Felice Picano, and Jim Grimsley bring to life the heartache, struggles, breakthroughs, and the bonds of love and family that are never more apparent than at Christmastime. This collection provides what Christmas has always been missing for gay men—the comforts of tradition.
This collection marks the long-awaited transition of gays into commercial Christmas culture, providing the proof that gays have traditional holiday narration of their own. Edited by novelist Greg Herren, author of Murder in the Rue Dauphine and Bourbon Street Blues, and editor of Shadows of the Night: Queer Tales of the Uncanny and Unusual, Upon A Midnight Clear contains a world of insight into the struggle of gay men to deal with Christmas in America.
Upon A Midnight Clear brings you insiders’ perspectives into the lives of gay men at Christmas:
- In "Our Family’s Things," Jay Quinn tells the story of an abandoned lover and father who is left to fend for himself
- Jim Grimsley’s "Comfort and Joy" tells the story of a man who, after meeting someone who strikes a cord in his lonely heart, finally comes out—to his family and himself
- Warren Dunford’s "Secret Family Recipe" tells the story of a mother plotting to poison her son’s live-in lover at Christmas dinner
- "Skating," by Stephen Soucy, illuminates a visit from the Ghost of Christmas Past, who is now trying to help his former lover move on
- In Marshall Moore’s "In the City of Warm Red Light," a gay holiday party ignites a straight woman’s insecurities—and leaves one guest aflame!
- Introduction by Greg Herren
- It's a Life by M. Christian
- Comfort and Joy by Jim Grimsley
- Tidings by Trebor Healey
- In the City of Warm Red Lights by Marshall Moore
- The Gayest Christmas by Andy Quan
- The Kings and I: Spending the Holidays in Spain by Lawrence Schimel
- Skating by Stephen Soucy
- Secret Family Recipe by Warren Dunford
- Xmas in the Apple by Felice Picano
- Christmas 1989 by David McConnell
- Larry Christmas by Jeffrey Jasper
- Rainbows by Jameson Currier
- A Very Special Christmas by Kevin Allman
- The Snow Queen by Quentin Harrington
- Our Family's Things by Jay Quinn
Original title: Upon a Midnight Clear: Queer Christmas Tales
Genre: Fiction→ Gay & Lesbian→ Gay Male
No members of this anthology were found in our database.