(From the publisher):
A girl is born with the fire of dragon blood in her veins and another longs for the feel of water against her skin. A scarecrow wonders at the world around him and a fallen angel tries to reclaim her family's soul.
These are the stories about the people who are not wholly human and the animals that are not purely animal—beings that stand between the two worlds feeling the emotions, thrills, and confusions of both. There are those who must make a choice: to live as human and never feel the powerful soaring of wings and fins carrying them beyond the human world or to transform to their animal selves and leave loved ones and security behind. For all, the struggle will be to find their true forms, and then meaning and purpose in their lives afterward.
Edited by Bruce Coville
- Becoming by Nancy Springer
- Linnea by D.J. Malcolm
- Water's Edge by Janni Lee Simner
- Elder Brother by Tamora Pierce
- How to Make a Human by Lawrence Shimel
- Scarecrow by Gregory Maguire
- Centaur Field by Jane Yolen
- Princess Dragonblood by Jude Mandell
- Soaring by Tim Waggoner
- The Hardest, Kindest Gift by Bruce Coville
Original title: Half-Human
Genre: Fiction→ Children & Young Adult→ Fantasy
Fiction→ Fantasy→ A Bestiary→ Shape-changers
No members of this anthology were found in our database.