(From the publisher):
Spaceships, time-warps, great galactic adventures and interplanetary battles recall such early roots of science fiction as Jules Verne and H.G. Wells. But speculative fiction is not the exclusive domain of England and America. From this great literary tradition also spring the exciting and increasingly popular stories of fantasy, speculation, and just plain good storytelling by today's modern European masters.
This unique anthology is a well-deserved introduction to this rich tradition of European science fiction...
Here are marvelous selections from the controversial work of Swedish publisher Sam J. Lundwall, the exciting and peculiarly Gallic tales of award-winning Gerard Klein, the delicate and colorful fantasies of the husband-and-wife team Nathalie-Charles Henneberg (an intriguing French by-line reminescent of Merrit and Zelazny), the unexpected "stringers" of German Herbert W. Franke's famous science paradoxes, the dry, sharp wit of Dutchman Manuel Van Loggem, the explosive short stories of Italian movie-director Luigi Cozzi, and the many horror methods (a la Lovecraft) of wrold-renowned Flemich writer Eddy C. Bertin, and more.
Edited by Donald A. Wollheim
• Party Line by Gérard Klein
• Pairpuppets by Manuel Van Loggem
• The Scythe by Sandro Sandrelli
• A Whiter Shade of Pale by Jon Bing
• Paradise 3000 by Herbert W. Franke
• My Eyes, They Burn! by Eddy C. Bertin
• A Problem in Bionics by Pierre Barbet
• The King and the Dollmaker by Wolfgang Jeschke
• Codemus by Tor Åge Bringsvaerd
• Rainy Day Revolution No. 39 by Luigi Cozzi
• Nobody Here But Us Shadows by Sam J. Lundwall
• Round and Round and Round Again by Domingo Santos
• Planet for Sale by Niels E. Nielsen
• Ysolde by Nathalie-Charles Henneberg
Original title: The Best From the Rest of the World: European Science Fiction
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction
No members of this anthology were found in our database.