(From the publisher):
Ten original one-act plays by some of today's best writers of young adult fiction; Some of the plays are funny, some serious; all offer special insights into the problems and triumphs of teenagers:
• In Alden R. Carter's Driver's Test, a boy sets a new record by flunking his driver's test even before leaving the lot.
• In Walter Dean Myers's Cages, a group of teenagers is suddenly given the chance to decide their own destinies.
• In Robin F. Brancato's War of the Word, two gangs slug it out, one group with lofty poetry, the other with slang—and the reader, actors, and audience get to supply the ending.
(from the publisher)
- Driver's Test by Alden R. Carter
- World Affairs by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- Herbal Nightmare by Lensey Namioka
- Riding Out the Storm by Cin Forshay-Lunsford
- Large Fears, Little Demons by Dallin Malmgren
- Hum It Again Jeremy by Jean Davies Okimoto
- Holding Out by Ouida Sebestyen
- Workout! by Sandy Asher
- Cages by Walter Dean Myers
- War of the Words by Robin F. Brancato
Original title: Center Stage: One Act Plays for Teenage Readers and Actors
Genre: Drama and Plays
Fiction→ Children & Young Adult
No members of this collection were found in our database.