(From the publisher):
Edited by Deborah Noyes.
A lovesick count and the ghost of his brutalized servant ... a serial
killer who defies death ... a house with a violent mind of its own and another that holds within its peeling walls a grotesque secret. Here are witches who feast on faces, changeling rites of passage, a venerable vampire contemplating his end, and a fanged brat who drains the patience of a bumbling teenage boy. Here too are a flamboyant young novelist in search of a subject more compelling than his own eerie
existence, and the daughter of a sorcerer fighting to free her lover --
and her will -- from sinister bonds. Enter the world of Gothic!, a
celebration of the literary form made famous by such writers as Mary Shelley and Edgar Allan Poe.
- Lungewater by Joan Aiken
- Morgan Roehmar's Boys by Vivian Vande Velde
- Watch and Wake by M.T. Anderson
- Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Nameless House of the Night of Dread Desire by Neil Gaiman
- The Dead and the Moonstruck by Caitlin R. Kiernan
- Have No Fear, Crumpot Is Here! by Barry Yourgrau
- Stone Tower by Janni Lee Simner
- The Prank by Gregory Maguire
- Writing on the Wall by Celia Rees
- Endings by Garth Nix
Original title: Gothic!: Ten Original Dark Tales
Genre: Fiction→ Children & Young Adult→ Horror
No members of this anthology were found in our database.