(From the publisher):
Newbery Honor author Gary Paulsen has long been an ardent supporter of books, reading, and literacy programs. To further the cause of ProLiteracy Worldwide, he asked prominent authors to write an original story; the only restriction was that each story was to include mention of a book. The result is this collection, Shelf Life: Stories by the Book. From Jennifer L. Holm's story of a girl on Mars trying desperately to return to Earth to Gregory Maguire's domestic intrigue; from Kathleen Karr's story of a thief in turn-of-the-century Chicago to M. T. Anderson's mysterious shipboard adventure; from A. LaFaye's tale of magical wonderment to Marion Dane Bauer's story of doing good, this volume provides a full range of reading for every taste. Other authors featured here are Joan Bauer, Ellen Conford, Margaret Peterson Haddix, and Ellen Wittlinger.
- In Your Hat by Ellen Conford
- Escape by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Follow the Water by Jennifer L. Holm
- Testing, Testing, 1...2...3 by A. Lafaye
- Tea Party Ends in Bloody Massacre, Film at 11 by Gregory Maguire
- What's a Fellow to Do? by Kathleen Karr
- Wet Hens by Ellen Wittlinger
- The Good Deed by Marion Dane Bauer
- Barcarole for Paper and Bones by M.T. Anderson
- Clean Sweep by Joan Bauer
Original title: Shelf Life: Stories by the Book
Genre: Fiction→ Children & Young Adult
No members of this anthology were found in our database.
- Sales of this book benefit ProLiteracy Worldwide, an international network with more than 1,400 programs in the United States and 79 partner programs abroad, whose mission is to change lives through literacy.