Those Chicks in Chainmail are baaaack -- and They Are Not
A brief word from the characters: We seem to have a Failure to Communicate here. Hey, it's ok with us that Chicks in Chainmail was so popular, and reached #3 on the Locus bestseller list, and everybody wanted more, please. But people, you need to take us sword-swinging amazons a little more seriously. After all, you think it's a picnic wearing a cold brass brassiere (let alone finding the right size)? You think it's a piece of cake keeping those chainmail accessories from rusting in the rain? You think it's a walk in the park besieging a city when you've got PMS? Think again, you wimpy noncombatants!
Sure, you're entitiled to a laugh or two. Hey, we like a good joke as much as the next amazon. But hard experience has taught us that swordswomen don't get no respect. So, while you're chuckling, show some respect.
Edited by Esther M. Friesner: includes these stories:
- No Pain, No Gain by Elizabeth Moon
- Slue-Foot Sue and the Witch in the Woods by Laura Frankos
- A Young Swordswoman's Garden Primer by Sarah Zettel
- The Old Fire by Jody Lynn Nye
- Like No Business I Know by Mark Bourne
- A Bone to Pick by Marina Frants & Keith R.A. DeCandido
- The Attack of the Avenging Virgins by Elizabeth Ann Scarborough
- Oh, Sweet Goodnight! by Christina Briley & Walter Vance Awsten
- A Bitch in Time by Doranna Durgin
- Don't You Want to Be Beautiful? by Laura Anne Gilman
- A Night with the Girls by Barbara Hambly
- A Quiet Knight's Reading by Steven Piziks
- Armor Propre by Jan Stirling & S.M. Stirling
- A Big Hand for the Little Lady by Esther M. Friesner
- Blade Runner by K.D. Wentworth
- Keeping Up Appearances by Lawrence Watt-Evans
- La Difference by Harry Turtledove
- Tales from the Slushpile by Margaret Ball
- Yes, We Did Say Chicks! by Adam-Troy Castro
Original title: Did You Say Chicks?!
Genre: Fiction→ Fantasy→ Sword and Sorcery
Fiction→ Fantasy→ Humorous
No members of this anthology were found in our database.