Wampeters - An object around which the lives of otherwise unrelated people revolve, e.g., The Holy Grail.
Foma - Harmless, comforting untruths, e.g., "Prosperity is just around the corner."
Granfalloons - A proud and meaningless association of human beings, e.g., The Veterans of Future Wars.
- Science Fiction
- Brief Encounters on the Inland Waterway
- Hello, Star Vega
- Teaching the Unteachable
- Yes, We Have No Nirvanas
- ”There’s a Maniac Loose Out There”
- Excelsior! We’re Going to the Moon! Excelsior!
- Address to the American Physical Society
- Good Missiles, Good Manners, Good Night
- Why They Read Hesse
- Oversexed in Indianapolis
- The Mysterious Madame Blavatsky
- Biafra: A People Betrayed
- Address to Graduating Class at Bennington College, 1970
- Torture and Blubber
- Address to the National Institute of Arts and Letters, 1971
- Reflections on My Own Death
- In a Manner That Must Shame God Himself
- Thinking Unthinkable, Speaking Unspeakable
- Address at Rededication of Wheaton College Library, 1973
- Invite Rita Rait to America
- Address to P.E.N. Conference in Stockholm, 1973
- A Political Disease
- Playboy Interview
Original title: Wampeters, Foma & Granfalloons
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction
No members of this collection were found in our database.