(From the publisher):
These stories, which vary in theme but all bear the mark of Peter Høeg's graceful and thoughtful prose, are set in eight separate corners of the world. On this fateful night, a young mathematician encounters Joseph Conrad during a train ride through the war-torn Congo in "Journey into a Dark Heart;" a pair of star-crossed lovers in Lisbon dance through their memories of the Danish ballet in "Hommage to Bournonville;" a seaside community struggles with the threat of a smallpox epidemic in "Pity for the Children of Vaden Town;" and in "The Verdict of Ignatio Lanstad Rasker," an idealistic young writer is prosecuted for his homosexuality by the conservative Lord Chief Justice of Denmark.
- Journey into a Dark Heart
- Hommage a Bournonville
- The Verdict on the Right Honorable Ignatio Landstad Rasker, Lord Chief Justice
- An Experiment on the Constancy of Love
- Portrait of the Avant-Garde
- Pity for the Children of Vaden Town
- Story of a Marriage
- Reflection of a Young Man in Balance
Original title: Fortællinger om natten
Genre: Fiction→ General Fiction
No members of this collection were found in our database.