More the 30 years ago a young private investigator named Joe Gores was encouraged by the great mystery critic Anthony Boucher to record his experiences in a series of short stories for Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine
. Thus began the first series of tales that looked at a PI's cases as they actually happened, from the very serious (for instance, when a repo-man — someone who repossesses cars when loans are in default — can send a woman to suicide) to the comic (as when the Dan Kearny associates have to grab a fire engine that hasn't been paid for). And the characters are just as colorful, ranging from professional conmen to a gypsy who issues a curse as her car is driven away.
Stakeout on Page Street includes a new introduction and prefaces to each story by the author, and a complete checklist of Joe Gores's mystery novels and short stories.
- File # 1: Find the Girl
- File # 2: Stakeout on Page Street
- File # 3: The Three Halves
- File # 4: Lincoln Sedan Deadline
- File # 5: Be Nice To Me
- File # 6: Beyond the Shadow
- File # 7: O Black and Unknown Bard
- File # 8: The O'Bannon Blarney File
- File # 9: Full Moon Madness
- File #10: The Maimed and the Halt
- File #11: Jump Her Lively, Boys!
- File #12: Do Not Go Gentle
- Joe Gores Checklist
Original title: Stakeout on Page Street and other DKA files
Genre: Fiction→ Crime and Mystery→ Detective Story and Detectives→ Private Detective
No members of this collection were found in our database.