|Just So Stories (1902) [Collection]|
by Rudyard Kipling
Rating: Weighted - 7.8 / Average - 7.8 of 10 (10 votes) (Rate!)
Reviews: None (show them) Review!
(From the publisher):
In subject and setting the stories of this book range from animals to the origins of the alphabet and from prehistoric caves to the jungle forests of Africa. Illustrated with playful, riddling drawings and scattered through with rhymes and poems, this is a richly inventive collection, every tale a miniature masterpiece touched with Kipling's authentic magic.
- How the Whale Got His Throat
- How the Camel Got His Hump
- How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin
- How the Leopard Got His Spots
- The Elephant's Child
- The Sing-Song of Old Man Kangaroo
- The Beginning of the Armadillos
- How the First Letter was Written
- How the Alphabet was Made
- The Crab that Played with the Sea
- The Cat That Walked by Himself
- The Butterfly that Stamped
Original title: Just So Stories
Genre: Fairy Tales & Folklore→ Original Creations
Fiction→ General Fiction
Fiction→ Children & Young Adult→ Animals→ Zoos And Wild Animals
No members of this collection were found in our database.