Welcome to Solar System M-17. Lying nearly ten billion light years away from our own solar system, M-17 consists of five planets and seven natural satellites. Here is the only official guide, served up with the care and quality that have become synonymous with the Transgalactic name.
Your guidebook provides you with everything you need to know: where to go, what to do, and how to get there. Concise histories are provided for each civilization, basic working vocabularies of each planet are included in dictionary format, and all accommodations have been carefully rated.
Your travels through hyperdimensional space will begin on the Transgalactic Star Crusier, which is equipped with holograph libraries, casinos, special sex facilities, a four-star cuisine, and services to meet every need of creaturely comfort.
But the planets themselves are the real stars:
- DIS -- home of the Tukkadis, fierce beasts adapted to endure firestorms, and the bristling Alladis, whose phosphorescent excrement has lent a charming pastel tone to the planet's surface.
- MORANA -- the Kashpugu's oozing planet. Here you'll tour on foot an on the marvel of Moranese locomotion, the aoo.
- ARGOS -- the planet too barbarian to bear, home of the Brutes and the good-natured trolls.
- URIEL -- communication is directly by odor on this decidedly pungent planet.
- VIRTUS -- it isn't called the "scholar's retreat" for nothing.
Original title: The Transgalactic Guide to Solar System M-17
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction→ Planets & Societies