(From the publisher):
The Private Eye Writers of America was established to promote and honor the finest practitioners of the detective novel. Now, in association with this prestigious organization, Signet Mystery is proud to publish The Shamus Game, a brand-new collection of short stories- all written especially for this volume by a distinguished group of Shamus Award-winning authors, fresh new voices, and mystery veterens...
When some case files are stolen fron his office, Amos Walker walks a thin line to uncover a blackmailer's identity in Loren D. Estleman's "Necessary Evil.".
In Rick Riordan's "Ticket to Midland," Tres Navarre's investigation into a kidnapping may result in a ticket to nowhere for a hopeless mother.
Jerry Kennealy's insurance investigator Nick Polo is having second thoughts about the reliability of a "Reluctant Witness.".
The Nameless detective tracks a shakedown artist who's bitten off more than he can chew in Bill Prozini's "The Big Bite."
- Marking the Boat by S. J. Rozan
- Necessary Evil by Loren D. Estleman
- Screwball by Max Allan Collins
- Reluctant Witness by Jerry Kennealy
- Nobody’s Ring by Terence Faherty
- The Litigants by John Lutz
- The Missing Heir by Parnell Hall
- The Big Bite by Bill Pronzini
- What’s in a Name? by Jeremiah Healy
- It Could Get Worse by Edward D. Hoch
- The Sleeping Detective by Gary Phillips
- Ticket to Midland by Rick Riordan
- The Gathering of the Klan by Les Roberts
- Character Flaw by Christine Matthews
Edited by: Robert J. Randisi
Original title: The Shamus Game
Genre: Fiction→ Crime and Mystery→ Detective Story and Detectives
The following works are contained within this one:
Litigants, the (2000) [Short Story]
Author: John Lutz
Reluctant Witness (2000) [Short Story]
Author: Jerry Kennealy
Big Bite, the (2000) [Short Story]
Author: Bill Pronzini
Marking the Boat (2000) [Short Story]
Author: S.J. Rozan
It Could Get Worse (2000) [Short Story]
Author: Edward D. Hoch
Gathering of the Klan, the (2000) [Short Story]
Author: Les Roberts
Necessary Evil (2000) [Short Story]
Author: Loren D. Estleman