(From the publisher):
In A BOLT OF WHITE CLOTH Leon Rooke brings together an extraordinary array of characters in scenes and circumstances which flow easily back and forth from wild hilarity to deeply felt sorrow. The distance between dream and reality is often blurred in these finely tuned, beautifully written stories. And, as in past collections, Rooke's characters and stories are firmly rooted in the apparently common and everyday events of the everyman in all of us. When the exceptional does occur, Rooke has the uncanny ability to make it seem the most natural thing in the world.
- A Bolt of White Cloth
- The Only Daughter
- Why the Heathens Are No More
- The Woman's Guide to Home Companionship
- Dirty Heels of the Fine Young Children
- Saloam Frigid with Time's Legacy While Mrs. Willoughby Bight-Davies Sits Naked Through the Night On a Tree Stump Awaiting the Lizard that Will Make Her Loins Go Boom-Boom
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- The Madwoman of Cherry Vale
- Dream Lady
Original title: A Bolt of White Cloth
Genre: Fiction→ General Fiction→ Literary Fiction/classics→ Post-modern, Avant-garde, & Experimental
No members of this collection were found in our database.