(From the publisher):
An extraordinary artist with few rivals in his chosen arena, Dan Simmons possesses a restless talent that continually presses boundaries while tantalizing the mind and touching the soul.
Now he offers us a superb quintet of novellas--five dazzling masterworks of speculative fiction, including "Orphans of the Helix," his award-winning return to the Hyperion Universe--that demonstrates the unique mastery, breathtaking invention, and flawless craftsmanship of one of contemporary fiction's true greats.
1. Looking for Kelly Dahl - A devastated man in suicide's embrace is caught up in a bizarre cat-and-mouse game with a young woman possessing a world-ending power.
2. Orphans of the Helix - Human colonists seeking something other than godhood encounter their long-lost "cousins" ... and an ancient scourge.
3. The Ninth of Av - The distant descendants of a once-oppressed people learn a chilling lesson about the persistence of the past.
4. On K2 with Kanakaredes - A terrifying ascent up the frigid, snow-swept slopes of K2 shatters preconceptions and reveals the true natures of four climbers, one of whom is not human.
5. The End of Gravity - At the intersection of a grand past and a threadbare present, an aging American in Russia confronts his own mortality as he glimpses a wondrous future.
Original title: Worlds Enough and Time: Five Tales of Speculative Fiction
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction
The following works are contained within this one:
Looking for Kelly Dahl (1995) [Novella]
Author: Dan Simmons