(From the publisher):
Featuring standout writers of mystery and suspense like Lawrence Block, Jeffrey Deaver, James W. Hall, Jeff Abbott, Max Allan Collins, and Lee Child, all of them best-selling authors, most of them winners of Edgar or Shamus awards (or both) - this anthology comes with a chamberful of surefire stories. Loaded with tension, charged with uncertainty, these taut tales bring their unsuspected or hunted and fearful marks into the deadly sight of a hired killer's gun. The hit men, or women, meanwhile match their criminal wits with police detectives, seasoned private eyes, the resolute everyguy, or amateur sleuths to often unexpected and frequently startling ends.
Every one of the stories here is a hit. Each of them craftily calibrated and written expressly for this collection, they include new work by the popular, award-winning Ed Gorman, the versatile writer-editor Robert J. Randisi, and the recipient of the first-ever Sherlock Award for best detective, John Harvey. With cunning invention hit-lit authors Christine Matthews, Barbara Seranella, Marcus Pelegrimas, and Kevin Wignall further ratchet up the suspense to keep Greatest Hits true to its name, and aim.
Edited by Robert J. Rindisi.
- Keller's Karma by Lawrence Block
- The Catch by James W. Hall
- Quarry's Luck by Max Allan Collins
- A Trip Home by Ed Gorman
- Misdirection by Barbara Seranella
- Snow, Snow, Snow by John Harvey
- Upon my Soul by Robert J. Randisi
Karma Hits Dogma by Jeff Abbott
- The Greatest Trick of All by Lee Child
- Dr. Sullivan's Library by Christine Matthews
- Retrospective by Kevin Wignall
- The Right Tool for the Job by Marcus Pelegrimas
- For Sale by Owner by Jenny Siler
- The Closers by Paul Guyot
- Chapter and Verse by Jeffery Deaver
Original title: Greatest Hits: Original Stories of Hitmen, Hired Guns and Private Eyes
Genre: Fiction→ Crime and Mystery→ Detective Story and Detectives
No members of this anthology were found in our database.