(From the publisher):
"Come now, monsieur," said Inspector Japp of Scotland Yard, "you're not going to run down the value of details as clues."
"By no means. But it is the brain, the little gray cells"--Poirot tapped his forehead--"on which one must rely. One must seek the truth from within--not without."
"You don't mean to say, Monsieur Poirot, that you would attempt to solve a case without moving your chair, do you?"
"That is exactly what I do mean."
Japp slapped his knee. "Hanged if I don't take you at your word. Bet you a fiver you can't..."
A foolish wager, Inspector Japp, when dealing with the amazing Hercule Poirot!
Contents (UK Edition):
- The Adventure of "The Western Star"
- The Tragedy at Marsdon Manor
- The Adventure of the Cheap Flat
- The Mystery of Hunter's Lodge
- The Million Dollar Bond Robbery
- The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb
- The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan
- The Kidnapped Prime Minister
- The Disappearance of Mr. Davenheim
- The Adventure of the Italian Nobleman
- The Case of the Missing Will
The American version of this collection added
- The Chocolate Box
- The Veiled Lady
- The Lost Mine
which were included in the UK edition of Poirot's Early Cases (1974).
Original title: Poirot Investigates
Genre: Fiction→ Crime and Mystery→ Detective Story and Detectives
No members of this collection were found in our database.