(From the publisher):
As far back as 1935, the prominent sci-fi editor-writer-fan, Donald A. Wollheim, produced the first fantasy journal. Then, in 1940, followed it up with the first professional SF anthology.
Now, with the 1975 Annual World's Best SF, Donald Wollheim continues the tradition of quality with which he has been identified for over a quarter of a century.
Ten excellent stories by some of the genre's most original masters prove conclusively that this collection is truly the world's best science fiction--an imaginative volume no fan will want to miss.
- A Song for Lya by George R. R. Martin
- Deathsong by Sydney J. Van Scyoc
- A Full Member of the Club by Bob Shaw
- The Sunís Tears by Brian M. Stableford
- The Gift of Garigolli by Frederik Pohl & C. M. Kornbluth
- The Four-Hour Fugue by Alfred Bester
- Twig by Gordon R. Dickson
- Cathadonian Odyssey by Michael Bishop
- The Bleeding Man by Craig Strete
- Stranger in Paradise by Isaac Asimov
Original title: The 1975 Annual World's Best SF
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction
The following works are contained within this one:
Song for Lya, a (1974) [Novella]
Author: George R. R. Martin
Four-Hour Fugue, the (1974) [Short Story]
Author: Alfred Bester