The Domination of the Draka begins as a British possession in Africa, but soon becomes far more. Absorbing refugees after the American Revolution, and later the Civil War, the Draka become a people bred to rule with an iron fist. They permanently enslave the peoples of Africa, when they do not simply kill them.
But this does not slake the Draka thirst for power. Sweeping across the world, the Draka empire engulfs nation after nation, shackling into servitude all who are not Draka. Europe, Asia, and finally all the Earth and its colonies throughout the Solar System fall before the might of the Draka.
But empires are not faceless monoliths; they are made of individuals, complex humans with their own hopes and dreams. And so one might ask: Who are the Draka? What sort of people does the Domination rule? The Draka would have many different answers...
...and this is their story.
Edited by S. M. Stirling.
- Custer Under the Baobab by William Sanders
- Hewn in Pieces for the Lord by John J. Moller
- Written by the Wind: A Story of the Draka by Roland J. Green
- The Tradesmen by David Drake
- The Big Lie by Jane Lindskold
- The Greatest Danger by Lee Allred
- Home Is Where the Heart Is by William Barton
- The Last Word by Harry Turtledove
- A Walk in the Park by Anne Marie Talbott
- Hunting the Snark by Markus Baur
- Upon Their Backs, to Bite ’em by John Barnes
- The Peaceable Kingdom by Severna Park
Original title: Drakas!
Genre: Fiction→ Science Fiction→ Shared Worlds
Fiction→ Science Fiction→ World Versions→ Alternate Histories
No members of this anthology were found in our database.