View all 1 Images
Rating: Weighted - 8.1 / Average - 8.1 of 10 (18 votes)
Comments: 0 (show them)
Born on July 9, 1953, in Detroit, Michigan, Thomas Ligotti is quite possibly one of the most underrated contemporary authors in the horror genre. One critic has written of his power as a storyteller: "It's a skilled writer indeed who can suggest a horror so shocking that one is grateful it was kept offstage."
His work has appeared regularly in a host of horror and fantasy magazines, as well as a number of short story collections. He has also collaborated with the musical group Current 93 to produce In a Foreign Town, In a Foreign Land, a book accompanied by a CD containing background sounds and music intended to accompany the reading; an interesting combination that works disturbingly well.
Ligotti is a very private person, therefore the somewhat odd image above is the only publically known photograph of him.
- Best New Horror (1990)
- Best Horror from Fantasy Tales, the (1990)
- Year's Best Fantasy and Horror: Fourth Annual Collection, the (1991)
- Whisper of Blood, a (1991)
- Best New Horror 2 (1991)
- Year's Best Fantasy and Horror: Fifth Annual Collection, the (1992)
- Best New Horror 3 (1992)
- To Sleep, Perchance to Dream... Nightmare (1993)
- Giant Book of Best New Horror, the (1993)
- Best New Horror 4 (1993)
- Best from Fantasy & Science Fiction: A 45th Anniversary Anthology, the (1994)
- Giant Book of Terror, the (1994)
- Cthulhu 2000: A Lovecraftian Anthology (1995)
- 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories (1995)
- 100 Tiny Tales of Terror (1996)
- Year's Best Fantasy and Horror: Tenth Annual Collection, the (1997)
- 100 Fiendish Little Frightmares (1997)
- 999: New Stories of Horror and Suspense (1999)
- Song of Cthulhu (2001)
- Year's Best Fantasy 2 (2002)
- Mammoth Book of Best New Horror: 13, the (2002)
- Mammoth Book of Monsters, the (2007)
Quotes: 2 (show them)
- Thomas Ligotti Online :: The premiere source for Thomas Ligotti information. Includes a bibliography, links to interviews, and online fiction.